Cloudy thoughts

Little Cumulus in the sky,
teach me how to float as high.
I am here stuck on the ground,
to the Earth, I am bound.

You look so happy, puffed out, full,
as if you were made from cotton wool.
The perfect bed for little old me,
to whisk me away and finally be free.

What's it like up there in the sun?
I think you're having lots of fun.
Looking upon us folks below,
moving through the sky so slow.

I think you're hiding a castle in your cloud,
and to keep it to yourself is not allowed!
I want to come and visit and see,
be above the world, be above the sea.

Little cloud, you are lonely,
No one to talk to, just you only.
I'll be your friend, you and I,
me and my little friend on our island in the sky.

(Inspired by my current reading book, 'The Cloudspotter's Guide by Gavin Pretor-Pinney')

Comments